If you need to share administration duties, or provide a particular level of Administrator access to an employee, you can add the user using the EMPLOYEES function in the Preferences section of the Administration Panel. The following tutorial will walk you through adding an employee and describe the different employee types that can be added.
How to add a new PrestaShop 1.5 User
- Login to the PrestaShop 1.5 Administration Panel as an Administrator.
- Hover over the menu bar where it says ADMINSTRATION, then click on EMPLOYEES. You will then see the Employee List page and some options that will apply to the password and language used by the employees.
- Click on the green ADD NEW button and you will see the following screen to add the employee:
- Enter the first name, last name, password, email address and language as they are required fields. Note that the password can only be alpha-numeric or include the '-' or '_' characters.
The other options for the employee include:
- Admin Panel Color
- Default Tab
- Back office
- Show screencast at log in
Note: Profile actually determines the level of access that the new user has to the Administation Panel. The Super Administrator has unrestricted access. To find information on creating a custom user profile click here.
The default profiles that are available include:
- Once you have added your employee's chosen options and profile, select SAVE and you have completed adding the employee.