WordPress is one of the most popular open source Content Management Systems (CMS) in the industry today. Millions of websites use the WordPress platform to build and run their sites. Below is a set of instructions on how to install WordPress using the Softaculous software installer tool.
How to install WordPress using Softaculous
- Log into your cPanel interface.
- Locate the Software/Services category and click on the Softaculous icon.
- From the main Softaculous screen, you will see the WordPress icon. Click on the Install button.
- This leads you to the WordPress installation page. From here there are several fields for you to consider. You should leave the other fields as they are unless you have specific knowledge of what they do and the consequences of changing them.
||Select the domain or subdomain in which you want to install the program.
||If you want to install the program into a subfolder, add the name of the folder here. It will be created during the install so it cannot exist currently. If you want to install only on a domain or subdomain, leave this field blank.
||Enter the name you want to give the administrator account.
||Enter the password for the administrator account.
||You will likely need to erase the default entry placed by Softaculous and enter a valid one.
- Once the information is entered, scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Install button.
- The Softaculous tool will install the program. Once you receive the completion message click on the Return to Overview link. From the overview you will see the new installation listed at the bottom area of the screen. You can now visit your URL to visit your WordPress installation.