There are many Plugins available for securing your Wordpress powered site, Anti-Malware (Get Off Malicious Scripts) is rated 5 stars out of 5. In this tutorial we will show you how to install the Anti-Malware (Get Off Malicious Scripts) plugin in Wordpress, then we will go over the basic settings.
This plugin is free, but it may ask for donations.
I recommend performing a backup of your website, before installing a Wordpress plugin.
Install Anti-Malware (Get Off Malicious Scripts):
- Login to the Wordpress Dashboard.
- Click the Plugins link in the navigation menu, then click the Add New link.
- In the search box, enter "anti-malware" then click the Search Plugins button.
- You will see Anti-Malware (Get Off Malicious Scripts) listed, click the Install Now link.
A message will pop-up asking "Are you sure you want to install this plugin?" click the OK button.
- The "Installing Plugin" message will come up, click the Activate Plugin link. Anti-Malware (Get Off Malicious Scripts) has now been successfully installed.
- You can access the settings by clicking the Anti-Malware link in the dashboard.
- You must register to get definition updates, so fill in the fields on the right under Definition Updates, then click the Register Now! button.
- Refresh your Dashboard page, then click the Anti-Malware link again, and you will see a message stating "Your Installation Key is Registerered" under the Defnition Updates section.
There are several options under the Scan Settings section, below is a brief description of them:
|What to scan
||Choose here if you want to scan plugins wp-content or wptest.
||This section lets you choose how deep you want to scan within the files.
|What to look for
||Choose if you want to scan for TimThumb Exploits, htaccess Threats, Backdoor Scripts, Known Threats, or Potential Threats.
|Skip files with the following extensions
||You can specify which files to skip here, such as .jpg, or .pdf, etc.
|Skip directories with the following names
||You can enter specific folders to skip here.
Congratulations, now you know install Anti-Malware (Get Off Malicious Scripts), and you know what settings are available!