There are many Plugins available for protecting your Wordpress powered website, one of the highest rated ones is WP Sanitize : Auto WordPress Optimizer Plugin. In this tutorial we will show you how to install and activate the WP Sanitize plugin in Wordpress.
Once it is installed it cleans up or removes common weaknesses in Wordpress.
I recommend performing a backup of your website, before installing a Wordpress plugin.
Install WP Sanitize:
- Login to the Wordpress Dashboard.
- Click the Plugins link in the navigation menu, then click the Add New link.
- In the search box, enter "WP Sanitize" then click the Search Plugins button.
- You will see WP Sanitize listed, click the Install Now link.
A message will pop-up asking "Are you sure you want to install this plugin?" click the OK button.
- The "Installing Plugin" message will come up, click the Activate Plugin link. WP Sanitize has now been successfully installed. It is enabled by default, you can disable specific settings by clicking the Settings link in the Dashboard, then clicking the WP Sanitize link.
Congratulations, now you know how to protect your Wordpress website from common hacks using the WP Sanitize plugin!