If your website is currently not showing, it is important to determine the reason so that it can be fixed as quickly as possible.
Problem: My website will not display at all
A website is generally "down" when:
- You're having a local issue with your Internet. This is most likely not the cause if you're reading this article online. If your Internet Service Provider is experiencing problems or your router is no longer working, you won't be able to see any websites.
- There is a connection issue somewhere between your location and our servers. When you visit any website, your request for that site is routed through several different routers along the way. If you cannot see your website, it may be that one of these routers is down or having a problem. If you cannot see your website, you should run a ping and tracert test to your domain and email our
with the results.
- There is a problem with our servers. We monitor our servers 24/7. If there's a problem, we're generally already aware of it and working to resolve it.
- You recently updated your DNS or registered your domain. If you just registered your domain or recently made any DNS changes, it can take up to 24 hours for these changes to take effect (aka DNS Propagation), so your website may appear down during this time.
- You spelled your domain wrong when typing it in. It happens to all of us. Double Check your spelling to ensure your website was typed in correctly.
- Your IP address has been blocked from the server. As we mentioned above, we monitor our servers 24/7. Our System Administration team at times may block IP addresses from the server for several different reasons. If you've exhausted all other options, feel free to find your IP address and contact us to see if it is blocked.
Problem: My website is displaying an error message
There are different types of error messages that can case a website to be down. We have articles on many of the most common errors:
Problem: My website loads but says "This Account Has Been Suspended"!
If your account is currently suspended, please see our Knowledge Base article on Account Suspensions to help get your website back up as quickly as possible.