The Profanity filter quarantines any email that contains a specific list of "bad" words. Depending on your website, or the type of business you have, you may want to allow emails with these certain words.
In this tutorial we will show you how to turn the Profanity filter off in the McAfee Control Console. By default it is enabled, some people may want to disable this option to allow emails that include profane words to be delivered.
Only the McAfee Control Console Administrator has access to this setting. Here is a link to our guide on how to login as the Administrator.
Disabling the Profanity Filter:
- Login to the McAfee Control Console as the Administrator.
- Click the Email Protection tab.
- Now click the Policies tab.
- Click the Default Inbound policy, then click the Edit button.
- The Policy Set window will come up, click the Content tab.
- Double click the Profanity option to View / Edit the settings.
- Un-check the Enabled option, then click the Save button.
The Profanity filter will now be disabled, you can confirm this by viewing the red X under the Enabled header.
Congratulations, now you know how to disable the Profanity filter in the McAfee control Console!