After you purchase McAfee Email Protection, each email address you create has access to a Control Console where they can modify their filter settings, and view spam reports among other things.
In this tutorial we will show you how to create your password for the first time, then login to the McAfee Control Console as an Email user. This is different from logging into the McAfee Control Console as an Administrator, which was covered in the previous guide of our McAfee Educational series.
You must have already purchased, and activated your McAfee Protection Pack.
Create Your Password for the McAfee Control Console:
The First time you access the Control Console, you will need to create a password. After your password has been created, you can just login directly, which is covered in the next section in this tutorial.
- After creating a McAfee protected email address in cPanel, go to the McAfee password creation page:
- Enter your email address in the available field, make sure Email password information to my primary email address is selected, then click the Next button.
You will then see a message stating "Please check the message sent to the selected email address for information on changing your password. If you need assistance, contact your system administrator." Your system Administrator is the person that has access to the Administrator's Control Console.
- Now check your email Inbox for an email from
with the subject Control Console Sign In Information. Click the provided link, it will look like this:
You have 1 hour to follow this link, and create a password before it expires!
- Enter your password twice, McAfee advises the "Password must be a minimum of 8 characters and includes a combination of at least two of the following three groups: letters, numbers, symbols, (e.g. pas$word)," then click the Sign In button.
- You will then be asked to select a Security Question. Click the blank drop-down box and select from: Best childhood friend, Favorite historical person, Favorite teacher, Grandfather's occupation, Mother's birthplace, and Name of first pet.
- In the Security Answer field, enter your answer then click the OK button.
- You will then be logged into the McAfee Control Console.
You are now logged in to the McAfee Control Console.
- Now you are able to login on the main page with your email address and password:
Congratulations, now you know how to login to the McAfee Control Console with your email address to access your filter settings!
Login to the McAfee Control Console:
Once your password is setup, you can access the Control Console directly, which is covered in this section.
- Navigate to the McAfee Control Console login page:
- Enter your email address, and the password you created in the steps above. Click the Sign In button, and you will be logged into the Control Console.
Congratulations, now you know how to setup your initial password, then login directly to the McAfee Control Console! The next tutorial in our McAfee Email Protection class will cover adding / removing an email address from your allowed senders list, or whitelisting email addresses.