After purchasing and enabling a McAfee Email Protections Pack, the next step is accessing the McAfee Control Console as an Administrator to access your filter settings. This is different from logging into the Control Console as an Email User.
How to Login:
- Navigate to the McAfee Control Console login page:
- The first time you login, you must create a password. You will see the login page, click the link titled "Forgot your password or need to create a password?"
- The next screen will have a blank field. Enter the address:
Be sure to replace yourdomain.com with your actual domain name.
- Click the Email password information to my primary email address option, then click Next. You will see a notification stating "Please check the message sent to the selected email address for information on changing your password. If you need assistance, contact your system administrator."
- Now check your primary email's Inbox (Your primary email address is the one use to login to AMP), for an email from
with the subject "Control Console Sign In Information." It will include a link to create your password, click the link.
You have 1 hour to follow this link, and create a password before it expires!
- You will be redirected to a password creation page, enter your password twice, then click the Sign In button.
- You will then be asked to select a Security Question. Click the blank drop-down box and select from: Best childhood friend, Favorite historical person, Favorite teacher, Grandfather's occupation, Mother's birthplace, and Name of first pet.
- In the Security Answer field, enter your answer then click the OK button.
- You will then be logged into the McAfee Control Console.
Congratulations, now you know how to Login to the McAfee Control Console as an Administrator! The next tutorial in our McAfee class will cover Logging into the McAfee Control Console as an Email User.