If you only have one to a few items to sell on your site, a PayPal Buy Now
button can be an easy alternative to a full-fledged e-commerce application
. If you're not familiar with the PayPal Buy Now
button, you can find more information here on their website
. If you are familiar with this feature, or once you've learned a little more and you're ready to add one (or more) to your site, the rest of this article will walk you through it.
Create a PayPal Buy Now Button
- If you already have a PayPal account, log in. If you do not yet have a PayPal account, you'll want to sign up for one so you can create a button.
- Under the Merchant Services tab, click on the "Buy Now" link in the Create Buttons section.
- In "Step1. Choose your button type and enter your payment details" fill in the details for the button you wish to create.
- Review the optional fields within Steps 2-3 and select any of the options you want to add to your button.
- When you've completed the setup for your button, click Create Button
- Your code to insert into your site will be shown on the next page. Simply click the Select Code button and copy the code to your clipboard. Feel free to bring up a simple text editor like Notepad or TexEditor and paste the code into a text file while you're working with your site files.
The code shown above was generated during testing. Please do not copy and paste the code we're showing as an example into your site. Inserting your code will look like this (unless you choose one of the other button options):
You can click the button shown above so you can see what your customers would see when using a Buy Now button on your website. We created it for testing purposes, so you won't be actually purchasing any items.
Adding the PayPal Buy Now Code to Your Site
To insert the code into your website you will first want to determine where you want the code in your site. Depending on your web design application, you should have an option to insert HTML code and all you need to do is insert the PayPal button code. For instance, if you're using WordPress, you can either edit an existing page or create a new page in WordPress, switch to HTML view and insert your code. If you're using the Premium Website Builder, you can use the script module to insert the PayPal button code.