When building your site, you will often need to uplaod files to your account so that other programs or files can use them. Sometimes, programs you are using will not have an upload feature and you will need to do it manually. This can be done via FTP, or via the cPanel File Manager. In this article, we will demonstrate how to upload a file using the cPanel File Manager tool.
- Log into the cPanel dashboard.
- From the main cPanel screen, look for the Files category and then click on the File Manager icon.
- This brings up a popup screen to select which area of the File Manager you want to begin. We are going to select the Web Root, which is the root folder for your primary domain. The name of the folder is public_html. Once you select your destination, click on the Go button.
- This brings you to the files inside the directory you selected, in our case, the public_html folder. Across the top of the screen is a toolbar with various options. Find and click on the Upload icon.
- This screen is the Upload Files area. To begin the upload, click on the Browse button.
- Now a popup will appear for you to locate the file on your local computer. Once you find the desired file, click on the Open button to begin the upload.
- You will see an animation in the lower right of the page showing the upload percentage. Once it is completed, you know the file is now on your hosting server. Below are images of the file in the File Manager list, and how the file displays by typing its location into a browser, in this case http://whhsupport.com/sunface.png